Canine Massage Practitioner Certification
- Canine Massage Practitioner (CMP) is awarded upon completion of the Canine Massage Theory and Techniques Program online.
- Two day hands-on onsite workshop described below is optional.
- Master Canine Massage Practitioner (MCMP) A student certified as a CMP can seek advanced certification by completing any combination of 5 Petting with a Purpose classes, and the Holistic Touch Therapy First Aid & CPR classes.
All classes on this Canine Massage Practitioner Certification page are NCBTMB approved.
Canine Massage Theory and Techniques
- Certification as a Canine Massage Practitioner (CMP)
- Complimentary copy of the eBook version of Balance Your Dog: Canine Massage
- 50 Minute PowerPoint lecture for each of 12 modules
- Modules 1-6 cover the anatomy and physiology of the dog
- Modules 7-12 teach over 30 Swedish massage moves with video clips of each
- Downloadable handouts, reading assignment, and tests
- Work at your own pace to complete all modules online
- All the work is done in the comfort of your home with your own dog(s).
Modules 1-12 Online — $1,500
Two Day Hands-on Onsite Workshop
- Practice more than 25 Swedish massage strokes
- The specific beneficial effects of strokes are discussed
- Dr. Sue critiques students as they perform each stroke
- This workshop jump starts the practice of massage on dogs in a canine massage business
- A certificate of completion is presented at the end of the course
- Two day workshop runs from 9am-5pm each day
- Each workshop is limited to 4 students
- Select a date then register for the $225 two day onsite workshop
Complimentary "Build Your Own Sandwich" Lunch
NOTE: Call ahead for any special dietary needs, such as gluten-free or vegetarian.
The number of students per class is limited to four students at the Holistic Touch Therapy facility and by space at other facilities.
A deposit is required for enrollment in all onsite classes. The amount of the deposit is one-half of the course tuition. The balance of the tuition is due one week in advance of the course to allow time for a student to receive required pre-course materials.
A student may withdraw from an onsite class at any time. Administrative fees may be charged.
A student may withdraw from an online course at any time. No refund will be available.